Sunday, October 15, 2006

So…

After I wrote the last entry, I went to bed, and when I woke up, my computer had rebooted and said that the kernel file was missing. I’ve spent the last several days trying to recover my photos and documents, the only copies of which were on this laptop. Finally, I was able to buy a cable that would let me take my laptop’s hard drive out and plug it into another computer. Hans came over on the 12th with his laptop, and we recovered my files and made a bunch of backups on various computers to ensure that I wouldn’t lose them. I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows, and it seems to be working alright now, but that’s not to say that I’ve restored my faith in technology. Thanks for your comments and patience, we now return you to your regularly scheduled memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems like you are back!! yeah--!

Anonymous said...

おつかれさまでした!
Stupie misses you!

BrianB said...

Damn, I had problems with my laptop in Japan, but I was able to get them handled in a day or so. They were not anything nearly as severe as yours, so it wasn't that bad.

Try not to stress too much! I'm sure you are busy enough.