Saturday, March 03, 2007

An Burger Experiment - January 24th

After visiting another Museum and the Imperial park today, Hans and I stopped at a Wendy's for a late lunch. We got up to order, and there was a large placemat in front of the register with an ad for something called the "An Burger." I had recently read about this dish online, and although I was compelled to find out what it was all about, I couldn't bring myself to get it. So, I cajoled my friend into giving it a try.

It is a slab of anko and a slice of processed cheese in a hamburger bun; with a little bit of some kind of white sauce, possibly mayonaise. We didn't spend much time looking at it before consumption, so we were unable to identify it.

He took a bite and had a long moment of silence. He said it wasn't bad by any means, but it was hard to classify. The anko and the cheese is a strange combination, as you never taste both simultaneously; it's either all anko or all cheese. The hamburger bun is another interesting element, for it's much different from the kind of bread that generally accompanies anko. I took a bite and had to agree with him; we just couldn't figure it out.

結果: worth trying, but I probably wouldn't buy one again. I like to keep my entrees and desserts separate.

3 comments:

BrianB said...

I'll have to try it myself when I get there, as I do love anman. However, the mix of a bun and cheese? It really doesn't sound that good to start with... even for Japanese people!

Anonymous said...

,,,まずそう:(

Anonymous said...

あんことクリームチーズとイチゴを一緒に食べるとおいしいんだけどな・・・