Saturday, March 03, 2007

Niji no Kai @ the Hub - December 23rd

Friday was the last of class, and also the day that Sacchan arrived at Narita. Although she's pretty much going straight home from the airport, I've been reminded (thanks Aiko!) that I'd be a bad boyfriend if I didn't go out to Narita to meet with her. Sure I'm glad to have a chance to see her, but 30 minutes at the airport isn't much of a date. Either way, sounds like a simple enough journey. After all, Narita airport is in Tokyo, right?

Oh no, my friends. It's not even in the same prefecture.

So I worked out a decent enough route to get to the airport for a mere 1200 yen (yeah, that's one way), and I even ran into Tracey, who was going there to pick up her sister. Unfortunately, we both made the mistake of going the wrong way on the Yamanote and failed to realize it until we were diametrically opposite of our destination. This delay cost us a million years on the train, and though we caught the next super-deluxe quicksilver edition train to Narita, I couldn't beat Sacchan to the terminal. I was 5 minutes away from the station when she called me from a payphone. I got to the terminal and while searching around for her, ran into Willy, who was also there to meet up with a friend. It took a while to locate Sacchan, but I finally caught her and we spent a good hour catching up before jumping on the train back towards Tokyo. She continued down to Odawara and I split off at Shinagawa after about an hour or so. I had to get to the Hub for Niji no Kai's Christmas festivities. They had rented out the place, which meant a decent selection of drinks and food for a flat rate. Woo!

No comments: