Sunday, October 15, 2006

The rest of my first week of class – Oct 04th to 06th

As far as my class schedule is concerned, I ended up dropping the American Advertising class, and although I went to the Japanese written expressions class, it seems that I’ll have enough essays to write in my other Japanese class to keep me busy. I’m keeping my Sound Systems class, although it seems that Eri got scared away by a little bit of reading (which we didn’t even have to do), and dropped the class in favor of some slam-dunk film studies course. The phonology class is going to be challenging, but I’m actually enjoying it. I’m still not enrolled in Dr. Shek’s class, but I still plan on auditing the course. I still have plenty of credits to meet the requirements of the semester.

On Friday, the weather took a turn for the awful. Two typhoons decided to meet up somewhere over Tokyo, and wreak havoc on our umbrellas and pants. Everything below my knees got soaked, so I spent as much time out of my shoes as I could.

After my class, I met up with Rina and Naoko and took them to Malabar, the aforementioned Indian restaurant, bringer of naan. Unfortunately, they ordered chicken and shrimp curry, which pale in comparison to the glorious mutton curry to which I am so endeared. Enjoying the bounty of naan, we spent as much time as we could indoors, thankful for the shelter. The girls apparently had some “girl talk” to hash out, so we decided to split off from there. I found a pair of stretch pants at a local shop, and hustled over to the gym to make use of my membership (and take advantage of the fact that they have a roof). I hung out there for a while, practicing yoga and ignoring the gaggle of people on treadmills chasing me. I ran into Willy on my way out; apparently he works out often. Needing inspiration to make use of my gym membership, I might meet up with him later.

I hurried through the torrent and by chance met up with a few of the other students. We made our way to baba, and they talked about getting something to eat. Noticing that it was approaching dinner time, and that I had yet to call home, I got a phone call from Okaasan asking if I needed dinner tonight or not. I told her I would head home, and after briefly chatting with everyone, I struck out for home. On the way back, I stopped at tetsugakudou park to take a photo of the river that runs through it. If the weather tomorrow is as bad as it was today, I plan on staying in bed.

5 comments:

BrianB said...

I never did get to see a typhoon while I was in Japan, they seemed to dodge Tokyo every time.

I wanted to see a typhoon :(

ナイス外人 said...

The small ones like what I experienced are nothing more than crappy windy rainstorms; go visit the southeast during hurricane season if you really want the experience.

BrianB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BrianB said...

Awww, no body parts severed by flying street signs or small animals soaring through the air? Bummer.

I'm too cheap to go to the southeast anyway.

Anonymous said...

そんなに日本語の課題多いんなら、次会った時は、私より日本語うまくなってるに違いない! 期待してまっす☆