Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hard Drives and Yataimura - Oct 22nd

Today it's time to fix my computer; my hard drive is indeed toast, so I needs me a new one. Today is the yataimura at Waseda, but Okabe-kun has some free time and said he would take me to Akihabara to show me good places to get a new drive, so I'm going to pick up the drive before heading over to campus. I rolled over to Akihabara and met up with Masato at the station. Walking into Yodobashi camera, we were slightly delayed by a large display for the PS3, which will be released soon in Japan. We ogled the graphics for a while, but didn't feel like waiting in line for a chance to try out the unit for ourselves. He showed me around the computer shops, and I found a decent replacement drive for about 7,000 yen. Strangely enough, there are multiple branches of the same store, and the prices actually vary, even though it's the same chain.

Afterwards, we headed back towards Takadanobaba. Okabe-kun lives in Ikebukuro, but I invited him to check out the yataimura, since it's so close. We headed over to the school, and ran into the WIC people, decked out in cowboy-gear. I had told Tomoko that I would help with the yataimura, but I hadn't been able to follow through with my pledge, which I felt bad for. We bought some potato wedges from them as penance. The tacos had long since sold out, as it was fast approaching closing time for the yataimura. I ran into my host-parents, who were there to show their support for father's alma-mater, by buying Waseda stuff. We talked for a while and I introduced them to Okabe-kun and a few other friends from school, and when they left they gave me a big cup of nihonshuu (sake) they got from one of the other stands.

With the event ending and daylight running out, we broke down camp and headed for home. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the sweet sweet smell of Sukiyaki. Is it winter already?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

すき焼き食べた~~~~い!! Davyずるいわ。

Anonymous said...

Good to see Okabe has been taking care of himself.

-D