Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pool Hall and Hub - Nov 10th

Not much to see here, just had some photos taken at a pool hall near 'baba, and finally got a couple shots of the interior of the Hub. There was a photographer there asking people for permission to take promotional photos, so I snapped off a few of my own. Most of the Hubs typically look the same, but this one is probably the largest one I've been to. I finally got a member's card, so now I get 5% off my drinks (the same as paying no tax) and that translates into points, which I can then cash in later for (you guessed it), more drinks! I figure I'll just have everyone make their purchases on my card (for who wants their alcoholism taxed?), and at the end of the year, I'll cash in all the points and throw a mini party. 20,000 points buys me a $150 bar tab; that's a lot of Tarantulas. My liver is going to thank me when I leave this country (ok, so I don't really drink all that much, it's just that I mention it frequently on this blog. Don't worry, mom!)

4 comments:

BrianB said...

Liver and your wallet... I can't imagine how much students (Japanese too) spent on drinks during their trip. I only went to a couple nomikais, and a bar a couple times and I considered it expensive. I saw many students spend sooo much money just in a week at the bars I wonder how they could afford it.

ナイス外人 said...

Happy hour is a good way to save money; I just nurse drinks after that. Pretty much anything you do is going to cost money, so the key is to stretch it as far as it'll go, without sacrificing too much fun.

BrianB said...

True, it does seem that money connects to time far more in Japan than in America. I have a feeling you are much more careful about your funds than some of the other students who went drinking and spent a fortune.

Of course, to someone who doesn't drink it seems even more of a waste obviously! :D

Anonymous said...

ミニパーティ参加でおねがいします♪