Sunday, January 21, 2007

Illumination Party - December 8th

So, even though I didn't really do all that much for the Illumination Club, that doesn't mean I can't go to their parties! In fact, pretty much anyone with 500 yen was welcome, so we had a merry old time with people who didn't even know we'd (and I use the term "we" loosely) set up the decorations. I finally got to hang out with some of the other CSU folks I hadn't seen in a while, like Heather, Jill, Tracey, Bob, and Josh. We snarfed down the food and had a few good laughs before the party started winding down. So where else do you go where the party dies down?

The Hub, of course!

My member's card got a workout that night. Not because I drank a lot, but because everyone else did! I had stuff to do the next day, so I just nursed a gin-tonic for most of the night. We had some goood conversation, and just as I was about to leave, a huge group from the dorms crashed into the bar. They had just finished a large quantity of Jagerbombs, and apparently weren't satisfied with how extremely drunk they already were. So I stuck around for a few more hours, schmoozing with various folks and laughing at appropriate intervals (for some funny shit surely did happen). Afterwards, everyone wanted to go to karaoke, but I had already overspent my daily limit, and it was also almost midnight, which meant I needed to go home and get some sleep. I managed to slip away at last, apologizing profusely and signing several rainchecks to future drunken sing-a-longs.

2 comments:

kt said...

by the way this wasnt an illumination party.. im not sure what it was... lol

kt said...

DECEMBER 8TH! the first time i met JUN! rawfles.